Friday, November 30, 2012

Gathered Sundress


I was looking online about a month ago trying to find new PDF dress patterns because the weather is finally nice again. I came across Victory Patterns and decided to buy 3 of their dress patterns off etsy but before I started on them I told myself I have to finish Pattern Runway's Gathered Sundress first. I bought this pattern back in January and had already cut out the pattern and started on the muslin but for some reason I just never got around to finishing it.It's the first item of clothing I've sew for quite some months now and I really enjoyed doing it.


The fit is really nice and I didn't have to do too many alternations. I had been reading of other peoples experiences making this dress and quite a few mentioned they wished they'd taken length out of the bodice. I ended up taking out 2.5 cm's! I re-checked 3 times to make sure I hadn't done anything wrong. I also had to take of 12 cm's from the hem, but that isn't anything new. I also decided to line the skirt as the fabric I was using was really thin and see-through. Over all I'm really pleased with how it turned out.


The Facts and Figures:
Made: January & November 2012
Fabric: Patterned Japanese Lawn (from Spotlight)
Lining: Off white poplin
Notions: Invisible zip and Hook & Eye

The Big Questions:
First worn? Meeting my friend and her daughter at the Mornington Markets
Will I wear it again? Definitely!

Things I Changed:
- Shortened the skirt by 12 cm
- Took out 2.5 cm from bodice lenght
- Added lining to the skirt
- Added 1 cm to each side next to zipper 

Things I would do differently next time:
- Make the skirt lining less bulky 

No comments:

Post a Comment